We are developing baxdrostat (CIN-107) for the treatment of multiple diseases where aldosterone plays a significant role in disease pathophysiology. To support the advancement of this “pipeline-in-a-product” opportunity, we are currently conducting Phase 2 clinical trials of baxdrostat (CIN-107) in hypertension, hypertension in CKD, and primary aldosteronism.
- Treatment-Resistant Hypertension is defined as a high blood pressure that does not respond well to aggressive medical treatment.
- Read about our Phase 2 interventional clinical trial, brigHtn, currently enrolling : A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Parallel-Group, Dose-Ranging Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of 3 Doses of CIN-107 as Compared to Placebo After 12 Weeks of Treatment in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Hypertension (ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT04519658)
- Study Enrollment Completed
- Uncontrolled Hypertension is defined as high blood pressure that is inadequately treated.
- Read about our Phase 2 interventional clinical trial, HALO, currently enrolling : A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Multiple Dose Strengths of CIN-107 as Compared to Placebo After 8 Weeks of Treatment in Patients with Uncontrolled Hypertension Receiving 1 Antihypertensive Agent (ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT05137002)
- HALO Study will be followed by a long-term extension study to investigate the safety of CIN-107 over one year of treatment.
- Study Enrollment
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is defined by a gradual loss of kidney function, which can ultimately lead to kidney failure if left untreated. CKD and hypertension are often associated : declines in kidney function are typically associated with rises in blood pressure, and elevated blood pressure hastens the progression of kidney function decline. Besides its effects on blood pressure, too much aldosterone also has detrimental effects on kidney function through additional mode of actions.
- Our Phase 2 interventional study in CKD patients is being planned for an early 2022 start date.
- Primary aldosteronism is a condition that occurs when the adrenal glands, two small glands located on the top of the kidneys, produce too much of aldosterone.
- Read about our Phase 2 interventional clinical trial, Spark-PA, currently enrolling : A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Parallel-Group, Dose-Ranging Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of CIN-107 for the Treatment of Patients With Primary Aldosteronism (ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT04605549)
- Study Enrollment